Sat, May 20|
First-Aid & CPR Course
Provide First Aid is training in CPR, bandaging, managing fractures, sprains, bleeds, poisoning, diabetes, anaphylaxis, asthma, seizures, strokes, and more.
Time & Location
May 20, 2023, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Guardian Defence, 1 Joyce Ct, Coburg North VIC 3058, Australia
About the event
Accredited First Aid Course
Certification in HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
In this course, you will learn the skills and knowledge to be able to provide first aid response and life support, manage casualty(ies), the incident, and other first aiders, until qualified emergency help arrives at the scene of the incident.
This is a blended course with self-paced online learning (e-Learning) and face-to-face training. Before attending the face-to-face training, students will need to complete their e-Learning which can be done in one sitting or over several sessions. Depending on the student's learning ability, they should allow up to 6 hours for reading and e-Learning. Face-to-face training and assessment takes 4 hours in a classroom environment.
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders, and casualty
- Seek assistance from emergency services
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Manage the casualty in a respectful manner
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible
- use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Operate first aid equipment according to manufacturers' instructions
- Monitor the condition of the casualty and respond in accordance with first aid principles
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of incidents in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Complete applicable workplace or site documentation, including incident report form
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required
First Aid Certificate Issued
A PDF Statement of Attainment in HLTAID011 Provide First Aid will be emailed to you the same day as your successful completion of the training and assessment.
Current industry standards recommend renewing this certification every 3 years with the CPR component being updated every 12 months. This is simply a matter of doing a refresher course with a Registered Training Organisation.
Australia Wide First Aid is RTO No. 31961.
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid valid for 36 months (3 years) from the date of course completion
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support valid for 36 months (3 years) from the date of course completion
- HLATID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation valid for 12 months from the date of course completion
Factors to Consider
The assessment criteria requires students to demonstrate the ability to correctly perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult manikin placed on the floor. If you have a limitation that would affect your ability to complete the course, please call to discuss prior to booking.
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid is trained in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
Minimum age 14 years old
Early-bird price $139 (ends 16 March 2023)
Full Price $149 (ticket sales will close 13 May 2023)
Limited Places. Book now to avoid disappointment
- Ticket type
Full Price TicketPriceA$149.00
GST includedTax: GST included
+A$3.73 service fee+A$3.73 service feeSale ended