Sun, Dec 10|
3/3 Joyce Ct
Self-Defence Event for Teen Girls
We all want our daughters to be safe as they navigate the world. This event is especially for them.
Time & Location
Dec 10, 2023, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
3/3 Joyce Ct, 3/3 Joyce Ct, Coburg North VIC 3058, Australia
About the event
This session will run over a 5 hour period. Morning Self-Defence training session will run from 10am-12pm, then we will hold a lunch break 12pm-1pm, then 1pm-3pm for the final afternoon self-defence session.
Training will include role-playing and practicing scenarios such as:
- What to do when a dodgy guy approaches you on the street.
- Verbal and low-level responses and escalations.
- Mindset and awareness.
- Respond and Run Responses.
- Public transport, confined in a room etc.
- Ways to defend yourself on the ground.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes
- Full Water bottle
- Piece of clothing to help you act as a “dodgy guy” e.g., a hoodie.
- Lunch (or walk 100m to Wonder Pies) https://www.wonderpies.com.au/
- Optional: Sports mouthguard (if you have one)
You will be required to remove your shoes, jewellery and watches for training. Please complete a participant form for each participant using a unique email for each.
Open to girls aged 12 - 17 years of age.
By booking this event you are agreeing to our terms and conditions